Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Driving Like a Cullen = Speeding Ticket

Among my family and friends, I've always been known as a real fast driver. I've always driven at least 80mph on the freeway, and if there aren't that many cars around on the road, I step it up a notch by going 95-100mph. But, the whole time that I'm driving at those speeds, I'm praying to God that I wont get pulled over by the police, because in California, the speeding tickets could go over $1,500. Thats quite a lot for a person who is pretty broke. But for some reason, my brain doesn't register that and still goes to that speed. Up to the date, I've been lucky enough to have gotten away with it. Ever since I read Twilight and learned how much Edward loves his speed and vehicles, I've considered myself a Cullen Driver.


Now, Forks Washington seem to have a different effect on people and the lack of fear for those speeding tickets. The Police in that famous town have been really busy giving out tickets to Twilighters.


"Police in the little town are noticing that fans are cruising

for a wallet bruising during their visits by purposefully trying to get a ticket!
“The last 16 tickets I gave out were to Twilight fans,” says Field Deputy Bill Cortani of the county sheriff’s office. “And they were actually loving the experience. Normally people are not happy about the experience. But some Twilight fans feel this is all part of the Twilight experience.”
“It’s strange, but I do have people wanting to get speeding tickets from the Forks police department,” he says. Some have gone to even greater lengths for that small piece of paper: “I’ve had people flash me to get an indecent exposure ticket.” So far, “it’s only been women.
 Is this hilarious or what? At least the Fork Police Station is not bored by the craziness that Twilight have brought among its fans. This might sound crazy from me as well, but I'll probably do the same thing....Of course counting that the penalty for speeding tickets aren't that much and be able to have the means to pay for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment